The Trust’s mission is to preserve, conserve and protect the historic gardens and their biodiversity for the enjoyment of the public by:
- enabling access for the public
- maintaining the Gardens’ ambience
- protecting and renovating the Gardens’ historic structures
- providing public educational opportunities
- securing the effective operation of the Trust
The Trust reviews its aims regularly and works to regularly refreshed Garden Plans. It is committed to maintaining and building community, visitors’ and volunteers’ enjoyment of the Gardens; protecting the fabric of the gardens, their structures, planting and biodiversity; maintaining and building the Gardens’ education offer; and securing strong and professional Trust governance. The Trust is developing a new Conservation Management Plan to prioritise its restoration work.